The art of the stone carver not only involves the working of stone and marble but also demands an ability to understand, draw, design and reproduce different periods and styles of architectural ornament and sculpture. The traditional skillls we use have been developed over the centuries, although nowadays the use of modern technology has improved our speed and efficiency.
At the start of a project we can offer a design service, comprising survey, drawing, modelling and casting and art historical research when required for restoration work.
When we go into production we employ a long established and close knit team of sculptors and carvers that can expand as necessary to tackle the largest of jobs and most demanding programmes.
The range and quality of our work is exceptional and has been reconised in National Awards for Craftsmanship.
- Carved architectural ornament for restoration
- Period and contemorary design
- Figure carving and statuary
- Casting in plaster, resin or bronze
- Heraldic carving
For further information or advice please contact
Fairhaven Stone Ltd on Tel: 01223 812555
Stonecarving and Sculpture Projects
- Queen Mother Memorial, The Mall
- Kenilworth Castle, Warkwickshire
- Chichester Cathedral, R.A.F. War Memorial
- Private Residence, Norfolk
- King's College Chapel, Cambridge
- Private Residence, North London
- Stiff Leaf Foliage, Ely Cathedral
- Sir John Soane's Museum, Lincoln's Inn Fields, London
- Private Residence, London
- St Mary's Church, Ponsbourne
- Temple Bar, Paternoster Square
- Lion and Unicorn Sculptures, St George's, Bloomsbury
- Stoke Rochford Hall, Lincolnshire